2018 Spring Friday March Madness
Indoor Midnight March Madness Mini Ultimate Tournament
Yep we're back and improved for year #2
Date: Friday, March 30th (Yes, Good Friday)
Start time: 10 PM
End Time: Saturday, March 31st ~ 4:00 AM (maybe sooner)
Price for the night: $120 per pod.
A pod consists of 5-6 players with at least one lady.
Only Pod captains will signup and list the players in their pod!
To sign up as a pod, add your other 4-5 members during registration in the comments field.
Only complete registrations will be accepted.
What to bring:
- Your pod of players
- Clothes to play ultimate in (dark AND white shirt – no gray)
- Water bottle
- Favorite snack(s) / potluck food item(s)
What we will provide:
- Raffle items
- Plenty of playing time, fun! fun! fun!
- Format will be 5x5.
- Teams will be formed of two pods have 10-12 players each.
- We're starting with a cap of 12 pods; we may expand that if there is a demand.
- Expect to play at least 5 games; length of games will depend on number of teams.
Rule changes from normal indoor are;
- Smaller fields
- Live 'hockey style' sub-when-you-want subbing. Sub at a cone at the middle of the field.
- No pulls; drop-and-go scoring: once a team scores, they drop the disc and are immediately on defense
Normal Indoor rules of play:
- Game to time, the last point (hard cap) will be when the clock runs out; ties can happen.
If disc is in the air at buzzer, the next catch = end of game.
- 5 players on the field per team with (3/2, 4/1 or 5/0 - offense dictates, be considerate) unless captains agree otherwise.
- Stall starts at 4 (7 seconds)
- 1 quick time-out per game, keep it short.
- The walls, ceiling and beams are out of bounds. Disc is dead if it hits them.
- Goal box is the scoring endzone.
- Brick mark is the center of the front line of the receiving end-zone.
(only pull will be at the start of the game)
Theme is March Madness basketball: college, NBA, high school etc. basketball attire is encouraged. Please bring both a white and dark outfit though!
Winning team get prizes!
Winning team is determined by total point differential. W/L will be a tiebreaker.
So EVERY point counts!
This is the league status, you may check your status here.
- Mar 10 2018 at 04:00 PM to Mar 30 2018 at 06:00 PM
All players must have a waiver/release on file with CUPA from a previous 2018 league.